This ad is expired.
Academic & Career Pathways Campus Aide III - Non-Instructional (Temporary)
For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/2752
Type of Assignment: Full Time
Assignment Category: Temporary Assignment
Three temporary, hourly Campus Aide III assignments starting July 2021 and ending June 2022, to support the team coordination and success coaching services on the Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams. These Campus Aide III assignments are for the following three ACPs: Business & Technology, Math & Sciences, and Social & Behavioral Sciences.
The assignment will be a combination of remote work and work at the Oceanside Campus, up to 30 hours per week and no more than 175 days during the academic year. Work days will be in alignment with regular business hours, with occasional evening and weekend hours. The individual selected will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams were launched in Fall 2020 to work directly with first-time-to-college Black/African American, Latinx, and 25 and older students, with the goals to build community and to ensure the completion of educational plans and other milestones within the first year. Each team consisting of student peer mentors, career peers, success coaches, career advisors, academic counselors, instructional faculty, team coordinators, and deans is providing a wrap-around support system that addresses individual student needs through the case management approach. Experiences in each ACP are contextualized to the study areas. For more information about the ACPs, visit: https://www.miracosta.edu/academics/degree-and-certificate-programs/index.html
IMPORTANT: MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 within the workplace and to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Salary Range: $18.00 per hour
Compensation: $18.00 per hour.
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
Short-term, temporary employees may be eligible for Healthy Families Sick Leave, and enrollment in a retirement system.
Position Term in Months: $Term
In order to be considered for these assignments, you must submit an application on which you list all relevant experience directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number. No other application materials will be accepted at this time. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Applications will continue to be accepted until the assignments are filled:
If you are selected to interview, you will be required to submit proof of high school graduation (diploma, transcripts, or GED equivalent) or completion of a college degree (diploma or transcripts).
The Instructional Services Department will review application materials. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) proof of being fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 or requesting and receiving approval for a medical or religious exemption; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and 4) approval by the Board of Trustees.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson and Johnson [J&J/Janssen).
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Under general supervision, perform a variety of routine clerical and administrative support functions in support of the team coordination and success coaching services on the Academic and Career Pathways (ACP) Success Teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the assignment if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
Under the direction from the Dean of Instructional Services and in collaboration with Success Coaches, the Campus Aide III will perform the following duties:
1) Coordinate services and support to students within an ACP success team and between ACPs;
2) Use intake survey to identify individual needs of students early on and provide referrals to appropriate services;
3) Assist with coordinating and sending communication out to students;
4) Assist with organizing and coordinating outreach campaigns to students within an ACP to connect them to critical milestones and services;
5) Make phone calls to students to check in and provide resources or information to students;
6) Monitor students progress on career exploration and Comprehensive Student Education Plans within ACP success team;
7) Serve as frontline reference to resources and students services;
8) Schedule student appointments for counseling and other services;
9) Assist with coordinating and participate in the ACP success team meetings;
10) Coordinate peer mentor schedules and oversee peer mentor contact with students;
11) Plan, organize and implement ACP activities (e.g., workshops, career panels, videos, classroom visits);
12) Perform administrative support duties as necessary;
13) Perform related duties as assigned.
1) Oral and written communication skills.
2) Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
3) Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
4) Methods and practices of recordkeeping.
5) District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
1) Maintain records and prepare reports.
2) Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3) Establish priorities and schedule and perform work to meet timelines.
4) Work independently with little direction.
5) Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
6) Work confidentially with discretion.
7) Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer terminal.
8) Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability issues.
Education & Experience:
1) Education equivalent to high school graduation.
2) Be 18 years of age or older.
1) Experience working as a student ambassador, peer mentor, career mentor, or other related student worker position.
2) Knowledge of a variety of MiraCosta services available to students.
3) Experience participating in student outreach campaigns.
4) Experience organizing events for students.
5) Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Licenses & Other Requirements:
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this assignment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional light lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; ability to work at a computer, including repetitive use of a computer keyboard, mouse and other control devices; ability to travel to various locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications personally, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to work effectively under pressure on a variety of tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily business office environment; subject to frequent public contact and interruption; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion; occasional evening, weekend and/or holiday hours are required on an as-needed basis.
Posting Number: S_20/21_057_P
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Screening Date: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Applications will continue to be accepted until the assignments are filled.
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency